Friday 9 December 2011

QTP - Why Analysis and Planning is important before you start with framework designing.

Of course everyone knows why planning is important.

Now The question is what shall I do for framework designing. What are the points do I need to remember while designing a framework?
Well well well . . .
Framework designing is not a simple thing where you learn this blog or learn material from internet and you start off with it. It require work experience in various framework, but this is not the end.

Their is a great saying I heard from one my close friend Srimaya Mahapatra
"Wise people are those who learn from their mistakes and Wisest people are those who learn from other's mistake."
Seems to be a powerful statement enough to change one's life.

Coming back to business . . .

Before you start designing a framework in QTP, below are the question you need to ask yourself.
1) Do I know the functionality of each module for AUT?
2) Do I know what are the input data into this application and what are the outputs?
3) What would be my design flow right from initialization of script to result display?
4) What kind of framework I shall use? Mostly people use hybrid one.
5) Whether to use DataTable or ADODB or both?
5) Whether to use OR or DP or both?
6) Whether to use Reporter object for reporting or Custom based results?
7) Whether to Multiple actions or Function library?
8) What kind of recovery scenario, error handling should I need to include?
9) How about synchronization?

All this question can only be answered by YOU.

To decide all these, you must have experience enough to understand usage of all these concepts.
It is advisable to go over these once, so that you could be familiar with these concepts.
It's long journey my frnds, but don't worry each journey would be refreshing. :)

I shall Go over these with an understanding where novice people can understand and people with astonishment will ask themselves "Oooooo! QTP aisa kaam karta hai kya!!!" i.e. Do really QTP work internally like this?

Thanks and Warm Regards
Pankaj Dhapola

No comments: